Developer Level award
At this level, the school community will be challenged to develop what they already do. The school develops an image that shows and identifies with the Church’s call of ‘preferential option for the poor.’ What impact do these activities have on the school community?
Developer Level descriptors
- Briefly summarise the school's strategy statement shared and agreed by School leadership and Governing Body to promote social justice.
- Does the school have a group dedicated to promoting CST in the school and community? Outline some of its activities.
- Describe how the themes of justice, fairness and equality connect through the curriculum.
- In what ways do you refer to CST in your curriculum and lessons?
- Does the school invite guest speakers to talk about poverty and social justice issues? Give some examples.
- Does the school arrange visits/trips that promote student’s awareness about justice? Briefly describe.
- Does the school have a Justice Group – students/pupils, teachers, support staff, parents and governors? Identify some of its activities.
- In what ways is the student/pupil leadership group active in promoting justice and fairness in the school?
- How does the school take part in local and national justice campaigns that support CST?
- Summarise any opportunities for staff to take part in development activities that will enrich their understanding of CST.
- Outline how all members of the school community have a shared commitment to promoting the Gospel value of justice.